Thursday 31 May 2012

Diary from Home

 {a room with a view}

Living in the city can be overwhelming sometimes. During summer in New York, the heat gets trapped between the buildings, bouncing around but never being able to escape becoming unbearable. Sometimes I feel as though the heat is a metaphor for the way I'm feeling. I constantly have an overwhelming collection of thoughts bouncing around in my head; sometimes they just fall out, as it were, and never stay around long enough for me to consider them or say them out loud. Mostly though, they're just there and it can be hard to find an outlet for them. Sometimes they build up so much you feel as though you can't breathe or you might explode because you don't know what to do with them all. That's partly why I write this blog and, although it's mostly centered around fashion, I'm sure it's no secret that a part of HSW is about much more than that. However, I've made a decision that I'd like to branch out and write about other aspects of my life. Fashion is a huge part of who I am but it is not all that I am. Not only that, but by pursuing a career in fashion after studying it for four years means that sometimes I feel as though it consumes me as I spend a lot of my free time writing about it, too. I'm excited for the new possibilities of my blog and to explore areas outside of my comfort zone. 

Moving on from that, though, I've spent the last 24 hours at home. Suffice it to say I just had to get away from the city for a little while. Since finishing my finals a few weeks ago my life has spiralled into a hectic abyss; time has merged together and it's difficult to distinguish one day from the next, one emotion from another. Having no work or project to fill your time is daunting and you can easily feel overwhelmed by the nothingness. Having your entire life lead up to a certain point is pretty intense so I went back home to the country and watched the sunset, breathed in the fresher air, caught up with family and relaxed. I feel much better now and almost as if I have re-charged, ready for one last month in Manchester before I really don't have any plans at all and the really scary part begins. 

 {Crown Derby bunny}

 {a portrait I had done in Montmartre when I was 15 and my collection of Vogues that I can't bring myself to throw out}


 {Shoes I'd forgotten I had}

 {Pink champagne: when white just won't suffice}

 {A lovely Robin chirping away in the garden}

{Catching up with my cousin in an outfit less chic than usual! Crew jumper, Jack Wills shorts}

No comments:

Post a Comment